Friday, June 30, 2006

The real Professor Robert Manne?

I haven't posted for a while so I feel guilty about leaving the running to Theo. Best solution is to whip up a gratuitously mocking distortature. It's fun, it's easy, and as it happens, the portrait relates to the previous post - so it seems relevant and timely.

Of course it's not - I just like mocking prigs. (This wasn't a typo, I really meant prigs - although the other word also fits Professor Robert Manne - not literally you understand.)

Henceforth, I shall call this type of distortature a psychological distortature. It is meant to capture the inner, psychological person, rather than the superficial external appearance.

This face speaks to me of self-indulgence, onanism, snottiness, arrogance... the epitome of the loathsome and useless academic. But that's just my impression from afar. For all I know he might be a very nice man when you get to know him personally.

His oeuvre mainly consists of ad hominem attacks disguised as scholarly work. Right back atcha Bobby.

_________
Tagged - , .